Since 1 March 2022, the Cinéville car park is now free for two hours! (instead of one hour before)
The national reform of on-street paid parking, imposed by the State, is entry into force on 1er January 2018. In the event of non-payment or insufficient payment, it results in the disappearance of police "fines", which are replaced by a "post-parking charge" set by the local authority.
♦ New parking meters
From now on, you identify yourself by entering your licence plate number on the parking meter.
This entry allows the control officers to check the validity of your payment with their terminal.
If the parking time is exceeded or in the event of non-payment, you will have to pay a post-parking fee of :
- 17 € maximum if you pay within 72 hours,
- 35 € if you pay after 72 hours.
♦ Enjoy a free quarter of an hour twice a day
To do your shopping or drop your children off at school, you now have a free quarter of an hour in the morning and a free quarter of an hour in the afternoon.
To take advantage of this service, all you have to do is enter your registration number in the parking meter.
Four stop-and-go spaces (30 minutes free of charge), indicated by an illuminated bollard, are available in Rue du Parc and Place Alexandre Massé.
♦ Pay remotely from any parking meter in the city or with the Flowbird app
If you are parked on the other side of town, you don't have to go out of your way to pay for over-parking! With your license plate number, you can extend your parking time at any parking meter in the city for up to 2 hours. You can also extend or interrupt your parking time with the Flowbird.
♦ Don't forget
1. Parking on the road in Quimper is always free between 12 noon and 2pm and after 5pm (the Tour d'Auvergne, Steir and de Lattre de Tassigny car parks and the Théodore Le Hars and Théâtre de Cornouaille car parks are not affected by the measure).
2. It is always strictly no parking in the pedestrian zone under penalty of a fine (see below).
3. Offences, other than those related to non-payment, still fall under the police regime: illegal parking, no parking, use of reserved spaces. They can be fined up to €135.
4. For long-term parking (more than 2 hours), use the 1,394 enclosed and underground parking spaces.
And for more information on parking in Quimper (rates, contacts, etc.), please consult the town hall's website.